Pentaho is the recognized leader in Open Source Business Intelligence, with over 10,000 installations in production environments, in 185 different countries. It is a complete suite of all the tools necessary for B.I. like ETL, reporting, analysis, dashboard. All the solutions (reports, cubes, dashboards) are usable via the web. It is made with Java Enterprise technology and is therefore cross-platform.
Pentaho is the simplest and most complete Open Source Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics enterprise platform.
Security is guaranteed on several levels:
- Infrastructure: supports http and https and runs on standard application servers: tomcat, jboss
- Authentication: basic authentication, LDAP, Active Directory, SSO via CAS, windows authentication.
- Profiling: roles with rights to publish, read and modify the solutions. Data: Solution data filtered on the basis of user roles.
- construction of pixel-perfect reports from heterogeneous sources (RDBMS, XML, OLAP, EXCEL)
- production of reports in different formats (PDF, HTML, EXCEL, RTF)
- ability to hide / highlight report fields based on their value
- possibility to create parametric reports
- direct access to data or through metadata
- graphical environment for building reports
- visual and interactive representation of the data of interest
- fully integrated with the other components of the suite: reports and analysis
- large variety of graphics components available
- built with AJAX components
- can be integrated into existing applications
- can be integrated with google maps